Navy Wings At Work
This year we are offering
our supporters the opportunity to
get ‘hands on’ in the heritage hangar.
Come and join our engineers in our very own Heritage Hangar here at RNAS Yeovilton and see them at work. This event will offer our supporters a unique insight into the fascinating world of heritage aircraft engineering as well as the chance to get up close to iconic Fleet Air Arm aircraft, from the World War Two hero Swordfish to the fast Cold War Jet the Sea Vixen, Korean War piston superstar The Sea Fury and Falklands warrior the Wasp.
Enjoy a bacon roll and hot drink and a warm welcome from the Navy Wings team, before a guided detailed tour of the aircraft. See our engineers at work and watch as our engineers down tools to answer any questions you have and invite you to handle and get up close to various aircraft parts and instruments.
You will be then be offered the chance to see the rest of our collection and hear about what we’ve been up to.
Subject to weather and serviceability you may also see aircraft ground running or flying!
We look forward to seeing you.
- Detailed tour of the aircraft listed on your chosen date
- Opportunity to get up close to the engineering work
- Chance to see the Navy Wings collection
- Update on the work we did last year
- Insight into the work we are planning for this year
- Transfer Coach to and from the car park around RNAS Yeovilton Runway
- Meet the Team
- Time For Questions and Answers
- Photo Opportunities