STINSON RELIANT 42-46703

Owned and operated by Paul Kehoe

Built by the Stinson Aircraft Company of Detroit in 1942, Stinson Reliant 1 N69745 (FX877) is one of over 500 transferred to the Royal Navy under Lend – Lease arrangement. This American civil aircraft first appeared in 1933. Five hundred military Gull Wing versions were transferred to the Royal Navy under Lend-Lease Arrangements during the second World War. This aircraft type was employed extensively by the Fleet Air Arm between 1943 and 1946 for navigational training and as a communications aircraft for many second line units. Most of the aircraft were retired to the USA after the War and eventually became civil registered.

The Stinson Reliant is a high winged monoplane with seating for up to four passengers. The aircraft was extremely versatile with good performance and had an unwavering solid feel which was ideally suited for the communication and training roles.

 

Tech Specs

135

Top Speed

850

Range

21,000

Ceiling

Full Specs

CREW – 4

FLIGHT SPECS

Speed – 135 mph
Range – 850 miles
Ceiling – 21,000 ft