G-ALWS (N9328) was built by de Havilland Aircraft in Hatfield in late 1939 and taken on charge by 5 MU RAF on the 16th October 1939.
She then spent the rest of her military time seeing service at Farnborough, Duxford, various maintenance units, 19 EFTS Sealand ,
15 EFTS Kingstown Carlisle, 17 EFTS Peterborough, 13 EFTS and 6 FTS before going to 8 MU pending her sale to AST Hamble.
N9328 then acquired her civil registration G-ALWS and was moved to Perth for “instructional purposes” where she eventually ended up on the “office roof” in the hangar. Her next resting place was Southampton with a very unclear history before being sold to Christopher Weaver in 1993. Anthony Beynon bought her in March 1995 and kept her in storage at Sleap before selling her to Kevin Crumplin in March 2012.
She has now undergone a ground up restoration at Henstridge returning her to her 1939 wartime specification (similar to her sister Tigers) with her engine being zero timed by Deltair Airmotive. G-ALWS received her Certificate of Airworthiness on the 1st June 2014 and was purchased by Jim Norris in November 2014.